Rhinoplasty and chin implant revision? (photos)

I had a nose job a couple years ago, and have been very unhappy with the results from the beginning. I believe the problem is that my nose slopes down to steep. I was thinking that I might need a cartilage graft to the tip? You can probably tell from the profile pics I also got a chin implant at the same time, one side goes below my jawline and one end above. I have a consultation scheduled, but it is not for a few weeks. In the meantime I was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks.

Revision Rhinoplasty and Sliding Advancement Genioplasty

Increasing tip projection can successfully be achieved during revision rhinoplasty using several techniques. Most techniques involve cartilage grafts taken from either the nasal septum of the rib. As for the chin, I don't personally use implants in the face. I believe that a sliding advancement genioplasty using your own bone is a better, more natural option with fewer long term complications. 

Revision rhinoplasty and revision chin implant procedures

A revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it's important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.  Cartilage grafting techniques and dorsal hump removal along with osteotomies can address making the required changes to the nose. Thick skin and in the tip of the nose will be an impediment to seeing refinement in that area. It's also important to know what size and style of chin implant was placed previously to be able to give the appropriate amount of symmetry and projection to the chin. For more information and many  before and after results of rhinoplasty and chin implants, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty revision options

Revision Rhinoplasty can aim to correct the discrepancy that you're seeing from the nasal tip and dorsal height. Cartilage grafting for the tip as well as adjusting dorsal height are good options. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant revision?

I see your concern.  It appears from your photos that you could benefit from a cartilage graft to the tip as well as a larger chin implant.  Talk to your surgeon if you are comfortable with him, or consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced for a second opinion.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant concerns

Thanks for your post. I am sorry that you have been unhappy with your original rhinoplasty and chin augmentation surgery. Your photos alone may not reveal enough information to outline a complete treatment plan for correction however. I strongly recommend consulting with an experience rhinoplasty surgeon for an opinion regarding a revision. In my view, a tip cartilage grafts alone may not make you happy and I suggest you consider a complete rhinoplasty revision from an expert. Your chin implant, if malpositioned,  can be exchanged and improved at the same time. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon