Male Tummy Tuck Swelling Post 2 Years, or Something Else? (photo)

Mini abdominoplasty May 2011,age18 due to extreme weight loss.Post surgery swelling was not going down.Had stomach checked for fluids, radiologist did not find any.After few months swelling went down little.My Dr. told me I need a revision.Month after we mutually parted ways due to some issues.I feel uncomfortable in lower abdomen area feels puffy/swollen,bloated like feeling.My pants leave a temporary crease overlapping my stomach.Why is stomach getting this feeling,will I need new tummy tuck?

Swelling After A Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question and photo!  I suggest you go back to the doctor who preformed your tummy tuck and ask his advise.  Make sure you all following all post op instructions! Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval Patel Double Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon Chicago Hoffman Estates Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Swelling 2 years after tummy tuck

Generally, by two years post-op, the swelling should be completely resolved.  If there is still fullness, you may need some secondary liposuction to thin the area.  Remember, the skin that is now below your belly button used to be in your upper abdomen, and it may be thicker than the skin below your incision.  It's not good to do liposuction on this area at the time of tummy tuck, but it would be safe to do at this point.  Speak to your surgeon about it.

Richard Silverman, MD
Newton Plastic Surgeon

Male Tummy Tuck Swelling Post 2 Years, or Something Else?

There is probably no swelling at this point.  Provided your weight has remained stable, additional excision of skin and fat may be appropriate to help with your concerns.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures and revisions each year.  Look at the before and after photo galleries to get an idea of what to expect.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA