What would be a good recommended treatment for my hyperpigmentation? (Photo)

I have had this dark spot beneath my chin since a little bit over a year ago and have gone to a dermatologist once since then. It has become much darker and larger even with the use of the Hydroquinoe 4% cream given to me. Is there a non-laser treatment that I may be able to use?

Doctor Answers 2

Treatment of Facial Hyperpigmentation

It would be best to treat this hyperpigmentation with a combination of chemical peels and topical creams.  Lasers such as Fraxel can also be effective in some cases.  Please consult an experienced cosmetic dermatologist with expertise in cosmetic treatments.  Best, Dr. Green

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Facial Hyperpigmentation

This can be improved with skin lightening, peels, fractional lasers if done properly. I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.