I got the temporary dental crown a week ago and it turned gray not long after. (photo)

Gray temporary crown #DrSoftTouch

The color change of your temporary crown is due to micro leakage. If you'll have your temporary for a little while, I would recommend returning to your dentist to have a new temporary placed. It would be very easy for your dentist to remove your temporary, clean the underlying tooth and place a new temporary crown. I hope this helps.  Click "save" under my name in order to ask me additional questions in the future.

Darkened temporaries

Hi:

The color change of your temporary is due to microleakage under the temporary.  You should contact your dentist to redo the temporary.  This should not effect the outcome of your final restorations.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Dark temporary crown

It has turned dark due to micro leakage under the crown by bacteria. It would be very easy for your dentist to remake your temporary so that you don't walk around with a dark tooth. It is important for the dentist to clean the tooth with hydrogen peroxide to scrub all the bacteria off the tooth.