Abdominal Liposuction and Gynecomastia? (photo)

5 weeks ago I made abdominal liposuction and gynecomastia surgery. My plastic surgeon said that he removed 2.7 kg of fat.Things went fine until I started noticing a liquid under my skin (below the navel) and on sides. My skin contains a lot of stretch marks and am aware that the skin might not shrink completely. Also am aware that the healing progress might slower since am diabetic. I am worried that there are still a lot fats and the liposuction didn't go well. should I be worried? Any advice?

Liposuction, fluid collections after surgery, seroma

At 5 weeks following liposuction you should still have some swelling but not the degree that you are experiencing. Based on your picture, I would concerned that you may have a fluid collection under the skin termed a seroma. As the body heals following the procedure sometimes it can result in a fluid collection.  When treated in a timely fashion, this often can be improved with a few visits to the office for simple drainage. I would recommend you see your surgeon as soon as possible to help treat this.

Healing & Assymetry After Abdominal Liposuction and Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. as each breast heal differently in which the end result should not be affected. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.