Breast Augmentation size ?

Hi everyone so I am so excited to get my breast aug done! I am 5"1 105Ibs already had my first consult my PS recommend from 250-300cc I'm leaning more towards 300 cc but at the same time I don't want them to look too big for my petite frame... Any suggestions?

Implant size

Hi, thanks for your question. The size range of breast implants that your surgeon has recommended are based on your anatomy and what they feel would look best. When deciding between different implant sizes I often ask patients to bring in photos of people with breasts that they like. This is not done to guarantee a result but instead acts as a communication tool. Doing so may help your surgeon guide you in the right direction when deciding between two implant sizes. Good luck and all the best.

Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Choosing size of implant

Thanks for your question and realize that it is natural to be concerned over the proper choice of implant.  For your size range as long as you have a reasonable amount of skin and skin distensability on your breasts the size range of 250 to 300 mL seems very appropriate.  I choose the implants during the surgical procedure by creating the implant pocket and placing test implants called sizers to help me see the actual appearance of my patients' breasts on the operating table.  This allows me to make the final selection within the range of planned breast implant sizes.  During surgery your surgeon can estimate your actual size, and determine your shape and contour and see if this closely matches your goals with the selected implant. Look forward to your procedure and enjoy the results.  You will find the video above informative in terms of how many surgeons choose the actual implant during the surgical procedure. Regards, Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Choosing Implant Size

Sizing can be very stressful for many people. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form-fitting T-shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look. When placed under the muscle the implants will usually appear slightly smaller post op. If your Plastic Surgeon has measured you carefully and recommended that these sizes will fit you properly, then you can be assured whichever you choose will look proportionate.
All the best

Implant size

Sizing is determined based on a few criteria. The most important is the width of your chest/breast. Your skin strength/thickness along with your weight/ht and desired look will determine the final volume. Discuss this in detail with your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Deciding on Implant Size for Breast Augmentation

Based on what sizes you were considering, it sounds like you were thinking perhaps just over a cup-size bump. With your small frame, I suspect that would be a good volume for you. As far as deciding between 250ml vs. 300ml, the difference between the two is only a small fraction of a cup size. If you liked them both equally, I would recommend going with the larger of the two sizes.In general, there is a very high satisfaction rate associated with breast augmentation surgery. For patients that wished they would have selected a different size, nearly all of them would go just a little bit bigger. Best of luck!

Ashley B. Robey, MD

Sounds like a good size but make sure you get the right procedure

Size of the implants is sometimes a very difficult decision. I would strongly recommend using VECTRA 3D simulation - it gives you better idea of how you asre going to look with  different implant sizes and there is no right and wrong Also consider axilllary approach - no scar on the breasts I have done thousands of these procedures and there is nothing better to have beautiful breasts with no scars

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  For there to be a noticable difference in size you would need a minimum of a 100 cc difference in the size implant you select.  So in many cases our patients opt for the larger sized implant when they are torn between two sizes of such minimal difference.  Consider utilizing sizer implants if your doctor provides them  to get a better visualization of what each size implant would look like.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Implant size

The best way to pick implant size is based on your breast and chest width and not the volume. As the implants get bigger, they get wider. When the width of the implant fits the width of your chest, it will look nice and fit your frame. If the implants are too small, you will have a gap between them and they may look too far apart. If they are too wide, they will make you look top heavy as they may be too wide and stick well out past the sides of your chest. There are ways to get a bigger or smaller look.This can be done by picking a different implant profile. The higher the profile, the narrower the base width of the implant. If someone has a very narrow chest and wants to be big, they should consider a higher profile implant. If someone has a broad chest and they do not want to be too big but want to avoid the gap and still have cleavage without projection, they should consider a lower profile implant such as a moderate. There are options in between these such as the moderate plus. I prefer the underarm approach so there is no scar on your breast. The new silicone is the only way to go as far a rippling as the new silicone ripples much less than saline, especially in the larger implants.
Dr Scott Ennis                           

What Implant Size is Best for A small framed woman?

Agree with the previous Dr.'s and I would add a little word of wisdom.  After performing approximate 1,500 breast augmentations over a 30 year period.. I have never heard a patient say "You Mad Me to Big".  The most common saying is " I wish I had gone just a little bit larger" .  I attribute this to patients seeing the immediate result and are pleased and then when the swelling goes down the doubt sets in.  Go with the larger implant.

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon