Can I get the desired DD or fuller D with a lift with my frame ?

Hi, I went for my consultation today for breast augmentation . I recently lost weight and the boobs kinda deflated. I am about a c cup where I was a DD before. The doctor today told me the best for me is a lift and a smaller implant to get the fullness I am wanting back. I want my DD back or at list a good size D. Is that attainable with the lift ? I'm also looking to have the aerolas a bit smaller. I am 5'8 and about 135 pounds. He said I have enough tissue to get a full look.

Breast implant with lift

Hello and thank you for your question.   The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Size

Your surgeon who has examined and measured you can best tell you what range of implant sizes will work best for your tissue and frame. The implants will help restore the fullness you want.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Some understanding of the surgical approaches to breast surgery may help clarify some basic points. First of all a breast lift is a surgical procedure where the position of your breast is restored to a more youthful location. It is designed to reduce the skin envelope and relocate the breast position at the expense of placing scars. An implant, on the other hand, is designed to increase your cup size. An implant does not lift the breast and a breast lift does not change the cup size.Many patients are told by physicians that adding an implant will be required to achieve upper pole fullness. Although this may give the illusion of a breast being lifted, which is called a swing effect, and is analogous from the hand on a clock at 6 moving to the 8 o'clock position, this will also necessarily, without question, increase your cup size. To many patients, this is not what they want as they are comfortable with their cup size before they have their surgery. A breast lift removes only skin, which is analogous to removing the wrapping paper off a present where by the size of the box remains unchanged. To many patients, a long droopy breasts appears wide and flat and so when a breast lift is performed, repositioning of the tissue changes its shape and visual appearance although cup size does not change. This would be analogous to changing the volume from a tie box, for example, which is flat, long and wide to a coffee mug gift box, for the sake of simplicity, which is square in shape...the volumes may be the same but the shapes are completely different. If you place your breasts in a bra and are happy with its cup size, this will be the same outcome that is produced when a breast lift is performed. In patients whose breasts are larger than desired, a reduction of tissue can be performed which would of course, reduce the cup size as well. If you are happy with your cup size, the use of an implant is not necessary as it has the potential to develop other problems and, at some point in your life, will necessarily have to be removed for one reason or another.In any case I would recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all types of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Please feel free to visit the attached video on the specifics of breast lift and reduction surgery that is provided in the link below. Have a great day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation to D/DD-cup

Starting off at a C-cup and going up 1-2 cup sizes sounds reasonable. A breast lift at the same time would be a nice way to address the droopy and saggy skin as well as reduce the sizes of the areolas. With regard to ultimate implant size, that will depend on your preferences and exam. A small implant is a nice option to add upper pole fullness without a large volume change. If you are thinking you would rather be a full D or DD-cup, then a larger implant would probably be needed. Best of luck!

Ashley B. Robey, MD

D/DD?

Because you have the "skin envelope" for larger breasts it is likely you could achieve a full size. Without photos though, it is conjecture. Also, some surgeons are not comfortable using large implants with breast lifts as there can be more stress on the incisions during the healing. If you want to "go big", look for a surgeon who is comfortable and experienced in using large implants at the time of a breast lift. There are some technical differences in the surgical technique.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Mastopexy-augmentation

Thanks for your question. At 5"8', and with the change in cup size from DD to C with your weight loss, I would imagine that you would look the best with a moderately-sized implant and tightening the skin around that (the breast lift). This would narrow the areolas for you as well. I bet you could still be D-DD with that, it just depends on the implant sizing you choose. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifts and Implants

The lift alone will not get you back to a DD. In fact it will even make you look little smaller than you are now. But  the lift is necessary for the second stage placement of breast implants which can get you back to a DD with the right implant size. The reason the lift and implants are not done together in a case like yours is that the lift and implants work against each other and can adversely affect the other if done simultaneously. (either the amount of lift or the implant size will be altered)