How can I fix one side of my smile from turning downwards? (Photo)

I have always been insecure about the left side of my smile because i don't think it looks like a pretty, happy smile; whereas the right side of my smile looks more normal. I had braces when I was in middle school to fix mildly crooked teeth and a cross bite, but my smile has always sloped down like this. What would I have to do to fix it? How expensive would it be?

Looks to me like a simple gum lift

I might not understand your question fully but your gum has a different appearance on your left side.  See how the gum position on your right?    Doing a little gum lift to create symmetry with your right side might be just the option you need.  Without seeing you in person, it's hard to say.