What type of surgery besides a lift and augmentation would I need to fix the size difference and crease of my breast? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 12
Mommy Makeover in Colombia
Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc after childbirth.
Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation. This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in.
Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.
I hope this was helpful. Please let me me know if you have any other questions regarding the procedure. Thank you and best of luck. Dr. Campbell
Good MommyMakeover Candidate?
Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your history and photographs, I think that you may get an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery. Exactly what procedures you should undergo will depend on your goals. Best to discuss your goals directly with a carefully selected plastic surgeon in front of a full-length mirror, with the help of goal photographs, and with the help of computer imaging for the breasts. In regards to your breasts, the breast lifting procedure will help improve symmetry ( although some degree of breast asymmetry should always be expected after any type of breast surgery).
Since you are considering major surgery (involving significant physical and psychological recovery often underestimated by patients and their plastic surgeons) the following words of advice may be helpful to you:
1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.
5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when is is one in you willcleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.
I hope this, and the attached link ( dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.
What kind of breast surgery is needed
Yes - your photos show your should expect quite a dramatic improvement with a mommy make-over.
- Your tummy needs a standard or extended tummy tuck which includes muscle repair.
- The photo suggests you will get a better result with flank liposuction.
- The best approach to your breasts depends on the look and size you want and requires an eam.
- The photo suggests your breasts are deflated and you need a lift - but the breast tissue is mostly below the nipple, suggesting a lift is also needed to reshape the breasts.
- If you are happy with your size - you may only need the lift.
- Enjoy your result!
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes
You might also like...
Breast lift without implants and minimal scars
Gary Horndeski M.D.
Mommy Make Over
Breast Lift or Implants with Mommy Makeover
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping.
Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the implants to be used. Shaped implants are all textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants.
Lift and augment to fix breast crease?
Breast lift and asymmetry
What type of surgery besides a lift and augmentation would I need to fix the size difference and crease of my breast?
Kenneth Hughes, MD
Los Angeles, CA
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.