Tanning after procedure?

I had septorhinoplasty 7 and a half months ago. I began tanning a few weeks ago while covering my face with several towels, and Ive had no problem with my nose. Now Im getting ready to have rasping done, that's it. So why cant I keep covering my face with towels like I am now and tanning? I only tan twice a week! What can go wrong that isn't going wrong now?

Tanning after rhinoplasty

Tanning can increase risk of skin cancer. Routine screening for skin cancer is important and you should see a dermatologist for this. Good luck, MMT

Tanning after Nasal Procedure

Dear amyjob,

As the other surgeons have said in their answers, no plastic surgeon is going to support a patient tanning after surgery because of its long term effects on your skin. Tanning can lead to unfavorable scars. It is good that you cover your face, be sure the towels are not too heavy on the area. Be sure to listen to the recommendations of your operating surgeon.

Tanning

Tanning is not good for the skin, period.  Best of luck with your rasping and moving forward after surgery.

No problem with body tanning in rhinoplasty.

Tanning of any type is hard on your skin so no plastic surgeons going to endorse it. However if you are covering your face during body tanning you should have no effect on a previous rhinoplasty nor on an anticipated rhinoplasty.