Is this swelling, or is this as botched as it seems? (Photo)

I have had lip injections before, very small amount not even half a syring, and even with swelling my lips weren't bad at all. I just moved and went to a new med spa but my results are shocking and embarrassing. It's been 48 hrs and i just look crazy.. I don't know what to do. Is this swelling, or did this lady really place all of the product in the ball of my cupids bow?

The swelling does take some time to go down i would wait a week and then if you are unhappy see your doctor. Ice it but do not apply alot of pressure with the ice. 

Lip Injections

It appears and if you will need to have Vitrase injected to dissolve the lip injections.  I would have Vitrase injected and wait two weeks before proceeding with injections again.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise with cosmetic injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip injections and swelling

The lips may swell a bit after lip injections. We generally recommend waiting a couple weeks to allow things to settle. If you're still unhappy with the appearance of the lips, then you have 2 options: observation and wait it out as your body gradually dissolves the material, or hyalurondiase injection to help dissolve more rapidly. Speak with a specialist after waiting a couple weeks.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler in lip

If it was recently done( in last few days) then I would wait a week or so. It may be swelling.  Good luck.

Revision Lip Augmentation

First off I am not a fan of med spas because I prefer to do all injections myself, not delegate to someone with less experience and expertise. If it is not better in a few days, I would seek out a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for consultation. You may require hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler and start again. Try not to worry, it is fixable! Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Is this swelling, or is this as botched as it seems?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. Uneven placement of upper lip filler has resulted in a full central lip and thin outer lip appearance.  This may improve as any residual swelling in the lip resolves, but depending on your desired appearance you may need additional filler to help even it out.  Be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for correction and future treatments to best avoid a similar result.  

Are my lips botched? Yes

The injector didn't respect the natural anatomy of the lips. There is too much in the center of the upper lip and too little in the lateral aspects.I don't see too much swelling currently. In addition, the upper lip is too big when compared to lower. It should be in the golden ratio of 1:1.61. This will need to be dissolved. I suggest another injector do the filling in the future. See link for perfect lips.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip augmentation

It is difficult to tell as it has only been 48 hours. I would recommend icing the area on/off for 20 min for the next few days. It may take 1-2 weeks for the swelling to resolve. In the future, I recommend seeing a dermatologist or a board certified plastic surgeon for your lip augmentation.

Anita Arora Gill, MD
The Woodlands Dermatologic Surgeon