Is the sleeve better for me?

I'm 324lbs and i am borderline t2 diabetic, i have back issues due to a fall injury so it's hard for me to do extensive workouts. I have other health issues as well. My question is will the sleeve help me or is the bypass a better option.

Sleeve candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello

Thanks for the question, you are a good candidate for bariatric surgery,In the sleeve surgery the removal of the fondus and much of the stomach produces a significant reduction in the production of ghrelin, with the consequent effect on appetite control. Some series report similar results for the control of diabetes between sleeve and bypass in which  84 percent in both cases presented  curing it.

Blessings 

Dr. Pablo 

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon

Borderline diabetes: Sleeve vs. Bypass

A sleeve would definitely work great! Remember the sleeve is also known for having an "anti-diabetic" effect, a bit less than the bypass thought, but you will avoid long term complications if you choose the sleeve over the bypass like marginal ulcers, malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies, osteoporosis, internal hernias, etc. and the sleeve definitely has the potential to help you lose the weight. I hope this helps. 

regards, 

Dr. Alvarez 

Guillermo Alvarez, MD
Mexico Bariatric Surgeon