Is the size too wide & high? (Photo)

I'm 5'5 122 pounds; Lost 50 pounds in year - felt deflated; surgery 4 days ago (457 silicome implants). wanted large & told this was the largest I could go with based upon my frame and measurements. I don't look what I expected to (I hear they may drop) I think they look too wide & very high. I think that the implants are large but not necessarily in the right places. I've read that there are exercises to help speed up the process of them falling in place. Advice is greatly appreciated

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  Being that you are only four days post-op it is far too soon to assess the results of your surgery.  Please be patient over the next several months as you heal, reduce in swelling, and drop into place.  Please seek the advice of your surgeon to ensure optimal results as you move forward in the healing process.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Implants and Position at 4 Days

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

It is too early to assess your implant position.  Be patient and follow you plastic surgeon's instructions.

Wait 3 months.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Is the size too wide & high?

Without pre-operative photos and the benefit of physical exam it's difficult to comment accurately. Generally speaking with weight loss, pregnancies and other anatomical changes- patients are left with excess skin. Breast augmentation only adds volume to the existing breast, it does not change the shape nor removes excess skin. Only a lift can do that. You're still early post-op- so give it time to heal. Hope this helps

Is the breast implant size too wide & high?

It is far too early to be concerned at 4 days post op. Your implants should drop and look more natyral over the next 3-4 months. Ask your surgeon about a bando and implant displacement exercises. Be aware you have an asymmetry with the right breast being lower-this was likely present pre op and if implant does not drop fully you may need a lift on the lower side.

It looks like you need a lift more than anything else.  Best of luck with you decision to move forward.

Is the size too wide & high?

The issue is not the implants but the decision NOT to offer you a lift operation also>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is the size too wide & high?

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, size of breast implant utilized, and concerns such as pre-existing breast asymmetry. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Too soon to judge

It is just way too soon to judge your results. Your breasts may take anywhere from 3-6 months to fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Is the size too wide and high?

Thank you for your question and series of pictures.  At only 4 days after surgery your results need several months more to mature as your implants will need to drop into a lower chest position, while the overlying tissues need to stretch to accommodate the increased volume from the implants.  Hang in there, you should start to see improvement 4-6 weeks after surgery, but voice your concerns with your surgeon. They are in the best position to provide you with reassurance. 

BA recovery

Thanks for your post. It's really way too early to judge your outcome. Your implants will settle in over the next 3-6 weeks and the nipples will likely come up somewhat. I don't recommend any certain implant exercises or special bands to affect this. You may check w/ your surgeon to be sure in your case. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon