What will be the best procedure for bags under my eye? (photos)

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

These kinds of eye bags respond well to noninvasive treatments, such as dermal fillers, lasers and micro needling. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Eyelid Surgery

Thank you for your question. You are an ideal candidate for eyelid surgery and would benefit from an in-person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Transconjunctival blepharoplasty can rejuvenate the lower eyelid without a scar in the skin. Patients can often return to normal social and work activities within just a few days as advances in laser technology allow this surgery to be performed with much less discomfort, bruising and swelling.  Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, I think the best option would be a transconjunctival blepharoplasty where fat is removed from an incision on the inside of your eyelid.  You should have an excellent result. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination.  All the best,

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

EYELID BAGS

Based upon your pictures, I would say that the best procedure for your eyelids would be a transconjunctival lower eyelid procedure.  That involves no incision on the outside of the skin; rather, the incision is on the inside of the eye in the red part (conjunctiva).  With that approach, the eyelid bags are removed or repositioned without risking any incision to the skin and resultant scarring.Best of luck!

Jeffrey B. Wise, MD, FACS
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Procedure options for bags under eyes

Dermal filler injections ( I prefer Belotero or Restylane) can mask the bags by making the transition between your upper cheeks and the eyelid (bags) smoother.  This treatment can last 9 months to several years.  Treatments to tighten the skin over the baggy areas can help.  Namely, fraxel or C02 resurfacing.  This won't eliminate the bags, but can help push them back by tightening the skin over them--like a girdle.  There are some topical cosmeceuticals that can temporarily improve the bags (Skin Medica's TNS eye repair works well).  Surgery is also a fine answer and the best solution for many because it is long lasting (sometimes up to 10- 20 years) and cosmetic effectiveness at improving the lower eyelid appearance .

Ritu Malhotra, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Bags

Thank you for sharing your concerns.  It is hard to assess you eyelid while you are smiling. It is best to take picture while your are at rest. If you do have eyelid bag, at your age, it is best to perform eyelid surgery through transconjuctival incision
Good Luck

Gaby D. Doumit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon