Can you get a nose job with a gastric balloon?

My doctor didn't seem to know the answer. I have had no problems with the balloon. In fact I can hardly tell I have one. I don't smoke, but do chew nicotine gum ( for 6 years now)

Rhinoplasty and Gastric Balloon

The presence of a gastric balloon will not affect your candidacy for rhinoplasty.  The use of nicotine will, however, pose more of a threat to your outcome as your healing complication rate will increase.

Rhinoplasty and a gastric balloon

It is possible to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure in with a gastric balloon and place.  Much more important is to make sure your BMI is less than 34 to undergo a safe anesthetic for cosmetic surgery.

Gastric balloons and nose jobs

As long as your are stable and not in negative protein malnutrition after your stomach procedure, I don't see a major reason why you could not have rhinoplasty done with a gastric balloon present.

Rhinoplasty for Patient with Gastric Balloon

The presence of a gastric balloon will not interfere with rhinoplasty surgery. However, I would want to get medical clearance from your physician.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. As long as you obtain medical clearance from your medical doctor, you can safely proceed forward with surgery.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and balloon

Yes it is possible to undergo rhinoplasty surgery in the presence of an abdominal balloon. Best of luck.

Gastric ballon

lke1111, I know of no contraindication but this would not be my call. I would send you back to your physician and get them to clear you for surgery. They know more about this than your facial plastic surgeon; in other words you need clearance for surgery and that clearance should come from your family MD as well as any other previous treating physicians that are relevant. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with gastric balloon

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you get a medical clearance from your primary physician so they can perform a physical examine and lab work to clear you for surgery. 
Good luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

Hello! I would recommend getting clearance from your physician after a thorough physical but yes you can have a rhinoplasty as long as you are otherwise healthy, and you would need to discontinue nicotine for at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplaty following a gastic balloon

As long the blood test show normal values, the coagulation and cardiovascular systems are functioning properly there is no reason to avoid a rhinoplasty.Good Luck

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon