Nose job and lower face lift by two different doctors. Which should I do first?

I have decided on get both procedures, but picked two different doctors. Which should I do first and how long in between will I need to wait?

Facelift and Rhinoplasty combine

You may want to reconsider your decision since you can have both done by someone who is an expert on both areas. By doing so, you can avoid recovering twice and save significantly in start up costs for the anesthesia and the facility. There are a number of surgeons in your driving distance who have international reputation in both areas. However, if you absolutely determine on undergoing these in 2 stages, you should have your rhinoplasty first.

Good Luck

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Facelift and rhinoplasty

A facelift and rhinoplasty can be performed at the same time by the same surgeon. If you decide to stage them, it is up to you to decide which one you want first.  Talk it over with your surgeons.

Nose job and lower facelift by two different doctors. Which should I do first?

There are many facial plastic surgeons who can perform both procedures simultaneously under one anesthesia and obtain great results. If you decide to perform both procedures separately, it does not matter which one comes first, but they should be spread at least a month apart, so as not to have any complications from the anesthesia. For many examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link below

Facelift and rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  In my practice, I frequently perform these two procedures together at the same time.  It is nice to only have one general anesthesia and saves the patient in terms of overall recovery time and cost, as we are able to give a discount for combined procedures.  If you are set on two different surgeons, then I recommend waiting 3 months in between procedures.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facelift and Rhinoplasty by Different Doctors at Different Times

Hi and thanks for your question.  I do facelifts and rhinoplasties together routinely.  it makes a lot of sense from financial and downtime standpoints.  When I do multiple procedures together, I discount my fee so that the patient pays less and the anesthesia and surgicenter fee is much lower for one session as opposed to 2 separate sessions.  From a downtime standpoint, it makes much more sense to do both together so that you only have one healing period.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation.  Good luck.  

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

In general, I would allow 9 to 12 weeks between these surgeries done at separate settings. This will depend on how well you are healing, and the advice of your operating surgeons.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thanks for the question! First of all, i recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want. Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD