Do I need a nose job? (Photo)

I know I have an awful bump on the bridge of my nose which drives me insane! I also feel like the rest of my nose is too large. Also, would I look better with fuller lips?

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty would be a nice procedure for you to reduce the tip bulbosity, slightly rotate the tip upwards, remove the dorsal hump and refine your overall nose size.  I also agree with some lip augmentation.  

Do I need a nose job?

The shape of the nose is as important as the size of it. In different cultures and populations the nose has some special characteristics; therefore it is really important to know these facts and assess the patient based on these facts. Female and male face structures and lines are completely different from each other. This is one of the other facts that should be kept in mind both during the consultation and the surgery itself. Since the nose is the most prominent organ of the face; patients can have different desires and requests from the rhinoplasty operation. To understand the patient’s needs and desires is the most important step of the rhinoplasty operation.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate. Some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Do I need a nose job?

Thank you for the question and photos. If the appearance of your nose bothers you, you could certainly be a good candidate for a Rhinoplasty procedure which would narrow and contour the tip of your nose for a more feminine look. You should be examined by a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in Rhinoplasty to learn about your options.

Take care

Rhinoplasty Candidate

You have a delicate face  with attractive facial features but your nose has a negative influence on the rest of the face. You would be a great candidate for a rhinoplasty. Your nose is too wide and too long. It is making your lip to look too short on these picture, specially when you are smiling. It is also deviated to your right specially when you smile. Your tip skin seems slightly thick. All of these mean that you need to use the expertise of a rhinoplasty surgeon who has sufficient experience to deliver a natural and pleasing nose that compliments your face. 

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed rhinoplasty surgery may lead to a narrower, smaller and more feminine nasal appearance.

if you are considering rhinoplasty surgery, you may consider consulting several reputable rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what might be best for you.

You could discuss lip augmentation as well which would likely be an office procedure. In our practice we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Wishing you well.

Dr Joseph 

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for rhinoplasty?

You candidacy for rhinoplasty can only be determined after a in-person consultation.  You do have a small bump that looks like it could be addressed, but an exam and discussion are necessary....

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and lip fillers

I think that you could probably benefit from a rhinoplasty and lip fillers to augment your lips, Other view of your nose would be helpful. Best of luck.

Needing a rhinoplasty...

For any elective surgery, need is a highly personal decision.  The simple answer to your question is you do not need a rhinoplasty.  However, if your appearance bothers you enough to consider undergoing surgery then rhinoplasty would improve certain features of your nose.  In addition, if you have any breathing issues due to nasal obstruction this could be addressed with surgery as well.  The best way to determine your own "need" would be to have an idea of how your nose would look after surgery.  Consider seeing a board certified specialist in rhinoplasty that has imaging capability for you to see morphed images of how your nose could look following rhinoplasty.

Alex N. Mesbahi, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Who needs a nose job and fuller lips?

Your facial features are "fine" so your face would look better with a more refined nose. Lips are a highly personal facial feature which we commonly see overdone. At your age your own fat when processed correctly should be the lip filler of choice for a natural, permanent result. Your young, less is better than "Hollywood" overdone.

Paul S. Howard, MD, FACS
Hoover Plastic Surgeon