Is it normal for skin to hardly have a reaction after a PicoSure laser tattoo treatment? And are my results so far typical? (Pho

I had my 2nd PicoSure treatment about 5 days ago. The swelling lasted <2 days, and I haven't had any blisters, scabbing, redness, or any reaction besides itchiness & raised skin. Is this a normal reaction? The technician said they turned up the intensity of the laser, so I was expecting a more intense reaction than my 1st session. I also feel as though my fading is insignificant; I was expecting more dramatic results from the PicoSure laser. Do my results seem typical for post-2nd treatment?

Tattoo Removal With Picosure

Not everyone experiences blisters or scabbing after laser tattoo removal. The raised skin and itchiness you are experiencing is normal. The fading of the tattoo depends on color and the depth. Picosure works best on dark inks as black, purple, blue and green. Picosure works by breaking the ink into particulars. Those particulars are absorbed and eliminated through the body over time. Please be patient and keep up with your treatments

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photos. It is difficult to tell since your photos are only after and not before. Results vary as each person reacts differently to PicoSure and your tattoo may be deeper than others; there could be many reasons why it doesn’t appear lighter. The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on the size, ink color and depth of tattoo. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD