How long is recovery for rasping the dorsal area?

Im having a small irregularity ( a dorsal hump) rasped soon after having septorhinoplasty 8 months ago. I still have swelling in the tip from that. So when will I finally be able to see the final result of my entire nose? Dr says I will notice the improvement in the dorsal area right away. After my septorhinoplasty I looked great, but then a month later developed a dorsal hump. How do I know that wont happen THIS time? And how much MORE will my tip swell after the rasping?

Reco\

Congratulations amyjob on your rhinoplasty. Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of rhinoplasty you had and if you had any grafting to the dorsum even after a humpectomy. Follow up with your surgeon is critical for making sure you maintain a good result. Best of luck, MMT

Hump and revision

It depends upon how large the hump is and what needs to be done. It is hard to say without seeing you.

It would deb helpful to see both your before and after photos. It's uncommon to develop a major hump after a Rhinoplasty. There are reports of bone dust from the previous rasping serving as a location for additional irregularities to form. If you have additional rasping- measures should be taken to prevent recurrence.