What kind of jaw surgeries are available for a recessed chin and which would be best for my case? (photos)

I have only just recently started looking into jaw surgery and I have no idea where to begin. I have a recessed chin/jaw and was wondering what options I an consider.

Doctor Answers 1


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
you would need to start by seeing an oral surgeon who specializes in jaw surgery.  Orthodontics are then started and after year or two jaw surgery performed.  

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.