I am 3 weeks post op for tummy tuck and I'm experiencing loose saggy skin near belly button is this normal? (photos)

Abdominal reconstruction was done and entire area is still numb aling with loose skin is this also normal?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

I am 3 weeks post op for tummy tuck and I'm experiencing loose saggy skin near belly button is this normal?

Thank you for your question.   After viewing your photos, it appears that you have good contour and are healing properly at this time.    There is still swelling in the tissues at only  3 weeks post-op.   Try to be patient and follow your surgeon's post-op regimen.  It may take 3-6 months to see your final result.  

3 WEEKS POST OP ABDOMINOPLASTY

Thank you for the question and the pictures.  At 3 weeks post op what you are experiencing is very normal.   It is way to early in your recovery to appreciate  a final result.  Good  luck

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  At three weeks after surgery you are still experiencing a fair amount of soft tissue swelling that is likely compromising your long-term results. I know waiting is difficult but allow yourself more time for your outcome to mature.  Hang in there!

3 weeks post op for tummy tuck.

Numbness is typical for several months in the lower abdomen after tummy tuck. YOur photos show good contour and looks like you are off to a good start in your recovery.

Loose skin around umbilicus after abdominoplasty

Loose skin around the umbilicus after abdominoplasty is quite common in the early stages due to swelling. Once the swelling subsides and scar contracture and collagen remodeling  begin you should start to see your results and this will take 3 to 6 months. It is still too early to tell at three weeks. Best of luck in your recovery !

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon