I like to have an implant exchange from saline to silicone w/ a lift & pocket revision. Are my goal pics attainable? (photo)

Saline implants that are 7 yrs old. Have hated them since day one. Looking for a lift or poss reduction , smaller areole , upper pole fullness and implant exchange to silicone . Also when I flex my muscles my breasts raise and look deformed. Extremely heavy and uncomfortable. Wondering if my " wish photos" are attainable at 37 yrs of age, especially because my skin has stretched and sagged from my current saline implants. I am currently a 34 DD, 400cc and 325cc.

I like to have an implant exchange from saline to silicone w/ a lift & pocket revision. Are my goal pics attainable?

Thank you for the question and pictures. You ask good questions and appear to have a good understanding of the underlying concerns of “stretched and sagged” breast skin. Sometimes, despite best efforts, it is very difficult to maintain “upper pole fullness”, after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Sometimes, the use of additional supporting material, such as acellular dermal matrix, may be helpful in this regard. Keep in mind also that elimination of “flexion deformity” may also  be very challenging, as long as the breast implants are placed  in the sub muscular position ( which does have many advantages).  Ultimately, it will be important for you to select your plastic surgeon carefully;  working together you will be able to come up  with the best plan to achieve your goals as much as possible. You may also find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

A lift and implant exchange is a very reasonable option for you.  Shaped silicone (Gummy Bear) implants can work very well in these situations.  The size of your breasts can be adjusted at the same time by choosing a different size implant or (in some cases) actually removing some of your own breast tissue to limit the amount of sagging you might see in the future.  The movement of the breast with animation of your chest muscles is not uncommon and might also be decreased with the use of a shaped implant.  Hope this helps.
DAC

Changing implants and improving results.

Thanks for the question Marilyn. The first thing I would say is that your result is not at all bad 7 years later. The preop photos you sent show a natural tear drop shape which is consistent with the result you achieved. The photo of your ideal breasts is typically a young patient in her early twenties with small, tight breasts. Implants in that kind of breast usually end up very perky and tight with a round look. It's unlikely you will get this kind of result. That being said, you can definitely get something more along those lines by changing your implants and doing a lift. If you get the same size silicone implants you might notice that they are heavier. On the other hand, the support you get from the lift might help with the heavy feeling the same way a bra helps. Good luck. 

Dr J

Thank you for your questions.  A breast lift and implants will help improve the shape of your breasts. I do not think your wish photos are obtainable.  Need to have realistic expectations about your final result. Make sure you view many before and after photos of patients with similar anatomy. A nimation deformity can be improved placing the implants in a new pockets or using mesh or acellular dermal matrix.    Consult with  board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes. 

Implant exchange

Breast lift will definitely help in achieving the goals you envisage,however i fully agree with Dr Thomas Mustoe especially ..." it appears that you are more unhappy with the way they look than the way they feel," which is not something converting from saline to silicone will help.

Thangavel Ayyappan, MBBS, MS, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Heavy implants /breast

Thank you for your pictures. I don't think or know if your desire is always a cheap. What I do know is that you can improve the shape and size of your breasts by downsizing and having a breast lift.

Implant exchange

I think that you need to have a lift with the implants to get you to where you sound like you want to be. Remember over time the breasts will sag a bit.

Implant exchange: are goal pictures reasonable

To achieve your goal pictures you would need a breast lift.  Saline and silicone implants will feel different, but will not look different.  Your result looks very natural. Your goal picture shows breasts that are much higher which would require a breast lift.  From your description of your saline implants, it sounds like you are more unhappy with the way they look than the way they feel, which is not something converting from saline to silicone will help.

Your goals posted photos did not have any lifting operations it seems to me??Thus if you lift there will be scars. Did you consider that???