I need advice on my right outer thigh post Lipo nightmare. (photos)

I had liposuction inner/outer thighs 3 years ago. Immediately following surgery my outer right thigh was in excruciating pain, bruised for 2 mos, continued pain for 6 months, itchy for over a year. The area was left with a large chunk missing. My Dr. performed 2 fat transfers in office with scant results. Upon calling in and stating it needs done again and maybe a 4th transfer as well, they said it would cost $2000 now. What is my best recourse? I feel I have underlying damage to my leg.

Post Lipo

Dear Meg, I am sorry for your outcome. Fat Grafting is the best option for this but apparently not achieving an optimal correction which isn't uncommon. Perhaps a second opinion from another physician might give you another option and just another set of eyes. But, yes, multiple fat transfers may be necessary. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - complication not corrected with fat transfers

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am so very sorry you have had this unfortunate experience.
  • This is a difficult problem and probably can't be 100% corrected.
  • Fat transfers are the best answer - 
  • And yes, multiple treatments will be needed.
  • It seems the first two fat transfers were done without charging you -
  • I understand completely your distress but at the same time, doctors can't work indefinitely for free.
  • It will be more expensive if you go to a new surgeon but it is reasonable at this point to at least get a second opinion and a quote on what another surgeon would charge you. 
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction - Unhappy with results

Thank you for your question and photos. I'm sorry to hear of your post-operative problems. It sounds like additional fat grafting is the best option. I suggest obtaining a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. An in-person examination is necessary in your case to assess the skin quality and tissue laxity. Hope this helps and good luck.

Fat transfer

Fat transfer may be the best option for you and it looks like you may need more placed at this point.

I need advice on my right outer thigh post Lipo nightmare.

Sorry to hear about your situation.   

I feel fat transfer is probably your best solution.   I recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon and try to work out a solution.   
Good luck.

I would suggest sitting down with your surgeon and discussing all your concerns with the results. I'm sure you and your surgeon can come to an understanding.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon