I am 21 years old and weigh 160. When I was 14 I weighed 220lbs and I lost a lot. However my pubic region is still huge (Photo)

I have not lost any fat there. I did a mix of cardio, core training and weight lifting. Nothing will shrink this so I am debating some form of plastic surgery. I still have some more weight I want to lose but it's so discouraging and embarrassing to have this fanny pouch at my age. All I know is I'm embarrassed of this enlarged area, I can't find underwear or clothes that fit me right because I have to go up in sizes just because of my front and I am just severely depressed about it.

I am 21 years old and weigh 160. When I was 14 I weighed 220lbs and I lost a lot. However my pubic region is still huge

Liposuction of the pubic area is probably the most reasonable solution based upon the pictures, your age, and your history.

Improving bulky pubic area

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Congratulations on your weight loss - 
  • Keep up the fantastic work!
  • A bulky pubic area is very embarrassing -
  • The best approach might be simply liposuction of that area alone - possibly with local anesthesia.
  • This should not disrupt you weight loss and solve the embarrassing problem quickly.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

#liposuction

Mons area can be beautifully sculpted with something as minimal as liposculpting. or a big more involved such as monsplasty combined with labiaplasty. you can watch my video on labiaplasty on my YouTube channel. 

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS

I am 21 years old and weight 160. When I was 14 I weight 220 lbs and I lost a lot. However my pubic region is still huge?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  The typical treatments for the mons area involves either liposuction to reduce adipose tissue bulk or a monsplasty to help remove any excess skin and elevate the tissues.  Best to see a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in consultation to discuss the best treatment option. 

Pubic region

Because of the weight loss, you may see the fullness as not only fatty tissue but also loose skin. You would have to be evaluated in person.

Pubic region options

Congratulations on your weight loss at this point- that is wonderful. If you are seeking improvement in the lower abdomen and pubic area make sure you seek an opinion with  a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. You may be a candidate for liposuction. Hope that helps!

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Based on the pictures, liposuction may give a nice result. If the skin is loose, a pubic lift can be done later. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for contouring liposuction.   This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD