Can fat grafting restore some of the damage done after ultrasonic liposuction on chest for gynecomastia? 3 Months Post (Photo)

Hello, The doctor removed a small amount of gland and performed liposuction. He basically attempted to remove every ounce of fat from my chest, even the most inner area that barely had any fat. He told me I had no cut in the outside sweep of my pecs. Oddly enough my chest looks less muscular and defined now with skin and symmetry issues. I had hopes of competing in natural bodybuilding. The areas are pretty superficial now, especially the outside areas. Appreciate any input and opinions. Thanks!

Indentation Concern Following Gynocomastia Surgery

It's still soon in your recovery from gynecomastia surgery. As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 

In the future, if you are still experiencing your crater concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.  They may possibly be able to address the issue with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers if you are a good fit.

Can fat grafting restore some of the damage done after ultrasonic liposuction on chest for gynecomastia?

hi Micheal,
Yes a fat grafting can help you.
But i'd suggest you wait for atleast a couple of more months before you make the decision
best of luck

Karthik Ram, MRCS, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Fat injection to chest

It might be possible to soften this with fat injection, and may require multiple treatments. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Can fat grafting restore some of the damage done after ultrasonic liposuction on chest for gynecomastia? 3 Months Post

Fat is routinely employed to enhance the male chest.

Fat grafting works extremely well aesthetically and reliably in areas of over-resection, once all the swelling/changes have occurred.
Are you still noticing any evolution of the healing process or is it stable at this juncture?

You should feel comfortable that your situation can be dramatically improved, however, sometimes the original contours and skin integrity is hard to completely recover.

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Fat grafting

From the look of your photos, certainly fat grafting is the best option to restore a smooth contour to the area of depressions. It may take a couple of tries to get it exactly right. You might want to consider adding platelet rich plasma to the fat grafts to allow for maintenance of volume. good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Maybe a series of fat graft sessions could improve. But the costs/time and need for donor fat are issues........