Extended Tummy Tuck or just regular Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of flanks? (photos)

I have HUGE love handles and I would love to know best way to get rid of them and get into a bikini! I'm so afraid to have tummy tuck and then have bad result, like some reviewers. Where fat hangs over the scar area!!! I had twins and my body is just overstretched and lots of skin and my love handles have been there since I was 115 pounds and thin:( what surgery would be best to get rid of but least invasive?thank you!!!

What procedure is best for me?

Hello and thank you for your question. A good question  with a myriad of possible solutions. If your thighs are lax as well as the buttocks, then a lower body lift is the solution. If not then a routine tummy tuck with liposuction of the flanks and wherever else needed would be my suggestion. I would also like to point out if you haven't noticed, that you have significant scoliosis making one hip (right) higher than the left.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck + Liposuction

From your photos it looks like you would could have a remarkable from traditional abdominoplasty and liposuction to love handles and thighs.  You might even consider Brazilian Butt Lift to accentuate your curves.

Tummy tuck surgery is one of our favorite operations because of the dramatic improvements abdominoplasty patients achieve.

There are various types of abdominoplasty procedures for patients to choose from. Each one is designed to treat a specific set of needs. In consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, the choice of procedure will be made based on your anatomic features and desired outcome. While all tummy tucks have in common that they tighten the abdominal skin, there are two key differences between the various procedures. The incision lengths vary depending on the amount of skin to be excised, and the abdominal muscles may be tightened if they have excess laxity.

The length of the incision is determined by the amount of loose skin that is to be removed. The incision lengths vary from as short as six inches (Mini Tummy Tuck) to as long as the entire circumference of the waist (Body Lift). The most common incision length runs from hip to hip concealed beneath the bikini line (Full or Traditional Tummy Tuck).

In addition to removing loose skin, localized fat deposits can also be removed during your tummy tuck. It is recommended, however, that you be as close as possible to your goal weight before having the procedure. If your concerns extend beyond the tummy, we can safely combine liposuction with tummy tucks for more dramatic results.

That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

I hope this was helpful. Please let me me know if you have any other questions regarding the procedure. Thank you and best of luck. Dr. Campbell

Extended Tummy Tuck or just regular Tummy Tuck with Liposuction of flanks?

Congratulations on the twin pregnancy!

Treatment of the stubborn "muffin top" or flanks/love handles involves excision (lipectomy) of excess skin and adipose tissue (extended tummy tuck). Liposuction  surgery alone  will potentially leave you with loose skin and an  unsatisfactory result.

Generally speaking, patients who are undergoing a standard tummy tuck procedure  should be aware however that often an “extended” tummy tuck is necessary to treat the muffin top areas. This extended tummy tuck procedure involves flank and back skin and adipose tissue excision as well as liposuction surgery. Again, if liposuction alone is done the patient may still end up with the muffin top and require further surgery to improve the waistline in the future.

Make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon;discuss your goals and concerns and questions in front of a full-length mirror. Working together, you will come up with the best course of action.  You may also find  the attached link helpful to you as you consider options.

Best type of abdominoplasty

You are a candidate for an abdominoplasty. When you are in the sitting position place your hands under the skin apron. Follow this out laterally until it tapers off. This will give you an idea of the length of the incision necessary for your abdominoplasty. Your plastic surgeon, during an examination, will be able to advise you on the length of the incision needed to give you a full correction.

Hello, Thank you for your photos. I think you need to make TT + lipo of your entire back and sides. With this you 'll have improved a lot and have the results you are looking for .

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Both extended tummy tuck and liposuction of the flanks would give you the tightest, smoothest results.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Extended vs regular tummy tuck

To a large extent your choice will depend on your expectations of the final result and tolerance of the scars.  If there is loose skin on the flank, you may not get your desired result with liposuction of the area.  On the other hand, the scars of an extended tummy tuck are substantially longer and might show in a bathing suit, depending on their location.

Liposuction for love handles, tummy tuck for skin

Based on these photographs it appears that a full tummy tuck will give you an excellent outcome.  Love handles are best taken care of by liposuction.

Very hard without in person examination to chide which operation best. I think extended TT with Lipo is vest option. 

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your picture. Based on your picture I would recommend having a tummy tuck with aggressive liposuction of your love handles. I believe this will give you the best result. Please consult with several board-certified plastic surgeon for a complete examination and recommendations.