Eligible for masseter botox? (photo)

The left side of my face is more round than the right side of my face. The right side has a more defined jaw line while there is too much hypertrophy of my masseter on the left side. I like to work in media but I feel too self conscious to have my face on camera. I'm just curious if I have a good chance of being eligible and it would work for me.

Botox for Masseter Reduction

From looking at your photo I do not believe you have hypertrophy of the masseter. Instead what you are seeing is asymmetry of the face. Most of us are not entirely symmetric. If you do have facial asymmetry then filler can be used to help improve your jawline. I advise you to see an expert in this area who can make you some recommendations.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox for masseter reduction

Botox for masseter reduction is a great nonsurgical way to create tapering and slimming of the jawline, and works best in patients with minimal to no descent of the soft tissues of the mid and lower face and with excellent skin elasticity.  In-person evaluation by a physician experienced in Botox for masseter reduction would give a far more accurate assessment of the degree of improvement you can expect. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox works great for masseter hypertrophy; fillers can improve jawline asymmetry, too!

It is hard to tell from your photo is masseter hypertrophy is your issue, but it may not be. You may just have facial asymmetry. Most of us are not completely symmetric. We tend to notice our own asymmetries more in photos, because we only know ourselves by our reflection. 

Certainly seek the advice of a qualified facial plastic surgeon who can analyze your face and make the appropriate recommendations. If you do have mandibular asymmetry and not masseter hypertrophy, fillers can be used to improve your jawline.

That all being said, you are a good looking guy who would do well on camera. Don't let thiskeep you from pursuing your goals.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to the masseter for facial asymmetry?

From your photo it appears that you have the very common finding of bony and soft tissue facial asymmetry.  Masseter injection may help a bit but will not influence the normal asymmetry present in your cheeks and malar eminences.  This might be better treated with facial fat grafting or just left alone since it should not inhibit your career.  "My" first rule of plastic surgery says that any "thing" on your face and body looks 25x as prominent to you as it does to those around you.  Try to keep that in mind and good luck.   Also, click the link below to my facial fat grafting gallery and look at the third photo set of a male with asymmetry before and two years after his fat grafts.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Jawline Contouring with Botox

Botox is a great choice to contour the jawline. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox

From your photo your slight facial asymmetry is completely normal and everyone has asymmetries to the face which is natural. I would not recommend Botox to your masseter muscle. Good Luck

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Asymetrical face

We are all asymmetrical but you notice yours and it is bothering you so it can be adjusted. First to properly evaluate your face you should be clean shaven and then see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and be sure the doctor is well versed in the use of fillers.  There are a number of ways to benefit your facial features and a full evaluation is necessary

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Treatment options for facial asymmetry

I believe that the differences in fullness you are seeing between the right and left side of the face are not related to the masseters but to actual volume in the midface. The left side of your face has more volume then the right. The better option for you would be to correct the facial asymmetry with filler injection into the right midface/cheek. 

Eligible for masseter botox?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Though I see the increased fullness you refer to, without an in-person examination to feel your masseter muscles it is difficult to assess your photograph alone for hypertrophy.  I would see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to evaluate your jawline and offer treatment options based on specific exam findings.  Best wishes. 

Asymmetric face, masseter injections for me?

I don't think those are the right injections for you. You are rather slim in the masseter area. If you want more symmetry in the cheeks, filler would be my choice. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD