Breast pain 3 months post augmentation?

I am 3 months post augmentation. Starting 2 weeks ago I started having pain like a bruise on my right breast. Ranging from the bottom of my nipple to the incision. I wouldn't say it's painful but its very tender. I only notice if I touch my breast or something bumps me. I have no signs of infection at all. Tenderness is new has not gotten worse by persists. I saw my surgeon and he thinks its inflammation and prescribed ibuprofen. Is there anything else he could be missing that I could bring up

Post Op Sensitivity

Thank you for your question. Because you are experiencing pain and sensitivity without visible changes this could be due to nerve regeneration. I recommend that you continue to follow up closely with your Plastic Surgeon and hopefully this will resolve for you soon.
All the best

Breast pain 3 months post op

Thank you for your question.Recovery after a breast augmentation is a process and everybody’s recovery can be slightly different. If your surgeon examined you and he believes it is inflammation and prescribed you an anti-inflammatory, I would follow his directions and just be attentive to your symptoms. If they seem to persist or get worse, I would contact him immediately. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain 3 months post augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your surgery.  I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Though some residual soreness or pain after surgery is not uncommon, the new onset of pain is concerning and should be followed closely.  Without a significant change in appearance, and a dull pain sensation, watchful waiting with symptom control with antiinflammatories is a good option.  Should your pain worsen, a sign of infection develop, or the appearance of your breast change, contact your surgeon immediately.

Tenderness after aurgery

Thank you for your question. At 3 months, you are still in the healing process. It is not uncommon to have some discomfort or tenderness out of no where. It could be inflammation from increasing your activity or sensory nerves regenerating and causing the tenderness. It can take 6 months sometimes longer before things go back to normal. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon