Is a breast lift my only option? (photos)
Doctor Answers 15
Picking The Right Breast Lift Technique
An easy starting point is to determine the degree of sag. I use the measurement from the sternal notch to the nipple. From this number, I divide patients into three groups;
- sagging but less than 25cm's
- sagging but less than 35cm's but more than 25cm's
- sagging and more than 35cm's
- Less than 25cm's, I offer a Lejour, Goes or Hall-Findlay.
- Less than 35 cm's, I offer a Lejour or Hall-Findlay
- Greater than 35 cm's, I offer an anchor scar/wise pattern/Mckissock (all the same!)
- Lejour - a lollipop incision breast lift that gives a great shape, durable and perky.
- Hall-Findlay - a lollipop incision breast lift that gives a good shape but less perky. I use this technique when the patient has a scar (breast biopsy in the upper half of the breast).
- Goes technique- a donut mastopexy that lifts the breast from above the nipple, surrounds the breast with an internal mesh brassiere for added perkiness and durability. Less scarring but not as pretty or perky as the Lejour.
- Anchor scar technique for those with the biggest, suggest breasts - no other choice.
For more on Breast Lifts, please read my book, "Cosmetic Breast Surgery - A Complete Guide From A to Double D".
Breast Lift options
The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.
The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin. A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures. This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benellil.
The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large. Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast.
Based on your photos, you will have a good result from breast lift - circumvertical.
Breast lift will give you a better, perkier shape. If you want larger, fuller breasts, you will also need a small implant.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
You might also like...
Breast Lift with short scars
Thank you for posting pictures of your case. Based on the photos you could benefit for a short scar breast lift with small round silicon implants. This will giver and guarantee you shape and form. Best wishes.
I think you have plenty of breast tissue -- a lift is fine!
Breast Lift or Implants?
I would also suggest that you remove your photos and not post pics that include your face.