Is a breast lift my only option? (photos)

What kind of surgery or breast lift can I do to fix my saggy 32 dds. I'm 22 and don't have kids, and just want to be able to be comfortable without a bra

Picking The Right Breast Lift Technique

Performing a breast lift should not be an exercise of "One Size Fits All". In my experience, patients come in all sizes, shapes and particular requests. It is paramount for plastic surgeons to have an assortment of procedures that satisfy all reasonable requests.

An easy starting point is to determine the degree of sag. I use the measurement from the sternal notch to the nipple. From this number, I divide patients into three groups;
  • sagging but less than 25cm's
  • sagging but less than 35cm's but more than 25cm's
  • sagging and more than 35cm's
Other factors that play into choices are scar concerns, previous breast scarring from surgery (breast biopsies/other surgeries), weight, breast density. In each group, I offer choices.

1. Less than 25cm's, I offer a Lejour, Goes or Hall-Findlay.
  2. Less than 35 cm's, I offer a Lejour or Hall-Findlay
  3. Greater than 35 cm's, I offer an anchor scar/wise pattern/Mckissock (all the same!)
What are the different techniques;
  • Lejour - a lollipop incision breast lift that gives a great shape, durable and perky.
  • Hall-Findlay - a lollipop incision breast lift that gives a good shape but less perky. I use this technique when the patient has a scar (breast biopsy in the upper half of the breast).
  • Goes technique- a donut mastopexy that lifts the breast from above the nipple, surrounds the breast with an internal mesh brassiere for added perkiness and durability. Less scarring but not as pretty or perky as the Lejour.
  • Anchor scar technique for those with the biggest, suggest breasts - no other choice.
Other considerations include if you had a previous breast lift or reduction. In these cases, you most likely should have the same procedure performed by the same surgeon.

For more on Breast Lifts, please read my book, "Cosmetic Breast Surgery - A Complete Guide From A to Double D".

Breast Lift options

Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift (inverted T ). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.
The crescent lift removes a small amount of skin at the top of the areola. We find that there is very little lift and the areola becomes oval in shape and distorted with this method.
The Benelli lift as performed by most surgeons is just the donut lift, removing a donut shaped piece of areola and skin then using a #Pursestring or double purse-string suture to tighten the skin. A true Benelli actually will expose much of the breast through this incision and then the breast itself is shaped and lifted with sutures. This is a more complex procedure and is often not done as describe by Dr. Benellil.
The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness, which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large. Fat grafting can be used instead of implants to improve the contours of the breast.

Breast lift

Thanks for your question and photos.
Based on your photos, you will have a good result from breast lift - circumvertical.
Breast lift will give you a better, perkier shape.  If you want larger, fuller breasts, you will also need a small implant.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person.
Best regards.

Breast Lift with short scars

Dear Arielbarlow,

Thank you for posting pictures of your case. Based on the photos you could benefit for a short scar breast lift with small round silicon implants. This will giver and guarantee you shape and form. Best wishes.

Kelvin Eusebio, MD

I think you have plenty of breast tissue -- a lift is fine!

Of the wish pics you've attached, I suspect the first one has breast implants, but the last one doesn't.  Having said that, I think you have plenty of breast tissue and a lift would work well for you.  A vertical lift or lolly-pop lift should work well. Find an ASAPS member surgeon in your area and good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Implants?

It appears to me that you need a full breast lift.  Implants alone would only enhance your droopiness and would be undesirable thought small implants could be considered with the lift.
I would also suggest that you remove your photos and not post pics that include your face.  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast lift is the best option

Based on your photos you have breast ptosis, which can be corrected with a lift.  Sometimes an implant is added with a lift in order to increase the size, but this would not be necessary in your case - just an option.  I think that a breast lift would be the best way to accomplish your goal.

Justin P. Martin, MD
Dothan Physician

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question with provided pictures with information as well. I will recommend you a breast lift with soft cohesive silicone implants

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

A breast lift is the only option for fixing sagging unless you are also looking to reduce volume in which case a breast reduction would be your best option. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Sagging breasts

If your breasts are sagging, then you would benefit for a lift.  Best to be seen in person to evaluate you and offer options for treatment.