Will my breast drop, and why does my nipple look like this? (Photos)

Breast lift/implant 7 months ago to right breast and implant to left breast. Unhappy with appearance right nipple/aerola. Why would it look so much bigger? Options to get rid of the scarring? Using silicone scar away strips, massaging and coconut oil. Don't see improvement. Right breast is firmer and doesn't seem to have dropped like my left one. I have been massaging as instructed, using the pressure strap and doing the technique where I grab the implant and push it down doesn't seem to help

Trouble with Right Side Appearance at 7 Months Post-Op

HEALING AFTER BREAST SURGERY, AUGMENTATION, LIFTS

1.    pain is variable

2.    it takes 2-3 months for implants to settle and muscles to relax

3.    celebrex, motrin, and muscle relaxers can help

4.    massage and stretching may help

5.    everyone heals differently

6.    4-7 days off from work is common

HEALING OF SENSORY NERVES: Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.

ASYMMETRY: The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

SHAPE AND CONTOUR: The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

FOLLOW-UP EXAMS: These are generally done in 1 week, 2 to 3 weeks, 3 to 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months to 1 year, and 1-2 year intervals. In our office we include all of your follow up appointments in the initial surgical fee.

While it is likely that this may just be long-term swelling or another issue, it would be best to visit your own plastic surgeon and have the area examined. In case something improper has happened with the procedure or in your healing it would be best to have your surgeon check the area and make sure everything is OK and that it is still healing. Good luck.

Right areola widening

I recommend following up with your PS. He/she can evaluate the right breast. It's possible that the permanent suture typically used to keep the areola smaller has released. You may need a revision of that areola. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Ross Blagg, MD
Austin Physician

Areola large

If you had a circumareola procedure perhaps the permanent suture on the one side got loose.  More details are necessary.