Back from my consultation and can not make a decision between 255cc and 275cc. I want to be a small C. Height is 5'3" 1/2

I am extremely nervous about going too big. I even made rice sizers and I poured 1 cup of rice in each stalking. I really like this look. My doctor would like me to make the decision. I am 5'3" 1/2 almost 5'4" and I weigh 115 lbs. Do any dr's have pictures of small petite women with 255cc vs 275cc? I have heard a lot of bad stories about going too big.

Natural Looking Results on Small Breasted Women

Natural Looking Results on Small Breasted Women require experience, expertise and artistry on the part of the plastic surgeon. I have a before and after gallery exclusively of very small breasted very athletic women.  My breast augmentation gallery includes many more photos of small breasted women with natural results. Before and after photos that you find appealing are an important first step in finding a plastic surgeon  who can provide a beautiful, natural looking result. The video attached provides more information about breast augmentation in small breasted women.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and a petite frame ...what size implant

This is a good question. A few basics: the tall patient can carry a large breast  better than a short petite patient..A factor  that should also be considered is whether you have had children, plan to have children and your age. From your login name "athleticmommy", I assume you have had children. If your  child bearing years are over and you do not plan future pregnancies, most patients elect to have larger  breast. There isn't a significant difference  between a  255cc and 275cc implant.  Talk to your  experienced plastic surgeon and ask his/her  opinion based upon  your  physical exam, age, lifestyle and issue of  future pregnancies.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Concern about implant selection

Even though the likely difference in appearance between a 275cc and a 255cc implant is likely to be minimal, it is important to go into the procedure with confidence and trust in your goals and expectations.  It will be difficult for you to make the decision preoperatively because external techniques such as placing fillers in bras do not give accurate predictability of final results due to differences in tissue dynamics such as skin laxity and breast dimensional variance.  For these reasons, I prefer to use intra operative sizers with the patient placed upright on the table before choosing the final implant size.  Computer imaging can also be helpful if it is available to you.  The most important factor however is developing clear communication and trust with your board certified plastic surgeon so that you are confident in their eventual implant selection and your result.

Frank Barone, MD
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

The difference between the two sizes is very minimal, potentially not even noticeable.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

How to choose the right size breast implant

Thank you for your question.  The difference between the two implants you have mentioned is quite small, so there will not be a major difference between 255 and 275 cc.  Sometimes imaging systems like Crysalix can help a patient appreciate the subtle difference.  Remember too that there is a wide variation between different bra manufacturers in the size of a C cup.  Better to think about the dimensions of your breasts and how the implants will relate to that.  With small differences in implant size some patients will ask the surgeon to make the decision based on what is the best artistic result at the time of surgery based upon sizer implants.  Best of Luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Best breast implant for me?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Much will depend on your specific anatomic features; for example, a 20 cc difference may be noticeable on a very petite patient but not on a patient with a larger frame.   Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "small C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice. 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery for petite patients) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Implant selecton

A 20 cc difference is not very much. You can perform a baggy test to see which one will fill your bra to your satisfaction. Best of luck.

What size implants

In my opinion, it would be almost impossible to see the difference between 255 and 275. 20 mL will never make a difference in cup size. If the choice is between smaller and larger, in my patient population, the larger implant wins. More people are of the feeling that they went to small rather than too big. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

You are now down to deciding between only 20cc difference. This will be a very small difference in the long run. I have my patients make the final implant choice too since it is their breasts. However, if they get stuck between two close sizes I recommend they go with the larger size since when there is regret on implant size it is usually a wish for slightly larger not smaller. Choice is yours.Good luck.