Do I qualify for just tip plasty? (Photo)

My bridge is fine (no bumps) but I have a bulbous nose and I would like to make the tip smaller and pointier.

Yes!

Yes you do.  While we need full photos to analyze, based on what I see, you could get away with just tip work.  This can be done scarless via an endonasal or closed rhinoplasty approach where the extra tip cartilage is carved away and inter-domal suturing is used to define the tip and bring it to the midline in a triangular configuration.  No need for open rhinoplasty and an unnecessary scar.  Good luck!

Deepak Dugar, MD

Do I qualify for just tip plasty?

The tip of your nose is bulbous.  the cartilages can be sculpted and contoured.  If a tip graft is needed, it can be discussed at the time of your consultation.  The rest of your nose is fine and contouring of the tip will make your "look" more balanced.

Fred Suess, MD

Just a Tip Plasty?

A tip-plasty is definitely necessary if you want to improve your nose. I don't know if I would recommend anything else because the rest of your nose is not clear except the profile which looks fine.

Full of rhinoplasty or tip plasty only?

I disagree with several other opinions that you have received. If just the tip is done the remaining portion of the nose will still look too large for the newly refined tip. The tip should be advanced and a slight bump removal done. You need a full rhinoplasty for this. See a surgeon can show you many examples of his work in nose is like yours. Better yet meet with patients he has done.     

Tip or full rhinoplasty

You seem to make a great candidate for a limited tip rhinoplasty. A consultation would be very helpful to give you a definitive answer.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

A tip rhinoplasty would be a wonderful option for you!

Hello puppy123,
Thanks for your question.
You have malposition of your lower lateral cartilages and they are outsized relative to the rest of your nose.  An open tip rhinoplasty to address repositioning of the tip cartilages and reduction/narrowing of the tip structures will allow for the most harmony between the tip and the rest of the nose.  
I suggest that you visit with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for a full consultation.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you do

Your nose may improve greatly with just open tip surgero to correct the bulbous tip, the cleft and the prominence.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Do I qualify for just tip plasty?

Tip plasty may actually be reasonable for you.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Do I qualify for just a tip plasty?

Based on the photos provided, you may benefit from a Rhinoplasty that addresses just the tip (tip-plasty). This is a great procedure that can help narrow the tip (end of the nose) to create a less “bulbous” look and to match the rest of your nose and facial features. You seem to be a good candidate for this procedure and I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon. This will be the best doctor to describe realistic expectations regarding the surgery with you.

Do I qualify for just tip plasty?

The short answer to your question, is yes, you can have a tipplasty alone.   If it truly is the bulbous tip alone and can blend in with the rest of your nose, it can be done.  It is best to have a consult with a Facial Plastic or plastic surgeon who performs a lot of rhinoplasty surgery for the best, natural result.