I had a tummy tuck and vaser lipo 2weeks ago and I'm not happy about what I'm experiencing. (Photos)
Doctor Answers 4
I had a tummy tuck and vaser lipo 2weeks ago and I'm not happy about what I'm experiencing.
Recovery after tummy tuck and lipo
I'm sorry to hear that your post operative recovery is not going as you expected. With this combination of procedures it is quite normal to have significant swelling and discomfort for several weeks after surgery. You should make an appointment to see your surgeon so that he or she can check for a seroma (fluid collection) and provide specific recommendations for your dressings. You should protect your skin- I like mepitel tape or biocorneum for this, but check with your surgeon for their specific protocol. Hang in there. Best wishes, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle, WA
Healing after tummy tuck
You might also like...
Tummy tuck and liposuction - not happy with healing
- I am sorry your recovery is proving so hard.
- You should definitely cover the incision with gauze if the garment is pulling the skin off.
- You should return to see yuour surgeon to be checked -
- Your swelling may be normal for you and there is a lot of swelling after this operation.
- Or you may have a seroma (fluid collection) that needs to be drdained.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.