Am I a good candidate for liposuction? (Photo)

Hi, I am 18 years old, weight 155 and I am 5'6 ft tall. I have a waist of 30 inch and want to do liposuction but my family says I don't need it. I want my stomach to be flat so that I can be able to work out for abs. I also wish to have liposuction for a smaller waist but I am not sure if I am "curvy" enough.

Am I a good candidate for liposuction?

Based on the photos, I would suggest that you are a good candidate for liposuction. An ideal person is someone close to their ideal body weight with good skin elasticity and reasonable expectations. Liposuction is great for body contouring for a leaner and  more curvy appearance, if that is the desired result. Good luck!

Getting lipo is such an easy procedure with dramatic changes that it is so worth it.

Liposuction can really change a patients shape and contour and is easy to undergo under local with the smaller canulas. It is such a great motivator as well. All size patients usually benefit from it.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Good candidate for liposuction

You are a good candidate for liposuction. Your age and relative thinness contribute to an ideal outcome. You can also achieve a similar outcome by simply loosing 10lbs (much cheaper and less painful). Should you decide to move forward with surgery, make certain to follow your surgeon's recommendation in wearing your compressive garment. This part of your recovery is crucial. 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Who is a good candidate for liposuction

The ideal candidate for liposuction has too much subcutaneous fat and I'm desirable areas and no underlying other conditions keeping them from looking their best.

In other words someone who does not have skin laxity, muscle separation from previous pregnancies or intra-abdominal fat tend to do best.

Overall body weight or BMI it's not nearly as important as fat distribution.

Generally speaking those with Victor layers of fat tend to have the potential for more impressive results.

Based on your pictures you appear to be a good candidate for liposuction.

My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms of liposuction and fat transfer.

I'm the only board-certified plastic surgeon in California is exclusively devoted my practice to these two procedures.

I suggest getting several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's who have extensive experience with liposuction.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Who is a good candidate for liposuction?

Liposuction is a great procedure to help those areas of our bodies that are diet and exercise resistant.  If you are following a reasonable diet and exercise program but still have stubborn fatty tissue, then considering liposuction may be reasonable.  The best doctor to determine if you are a good candidate is a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring plastic surgery procedures.  This doctor will help answer your specific questions and provide a better idea of realistic expectations. Best of luck and continue with diet and exercise.

Liposuction at 18 for waist and ab definition

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• First of all, if you can lose 25 pounds, you won't need liposuction and if you are working on getting fit, that's always the best approach.
  • if not, you can have liposuction and you would probably get a very nice result.
  • Weight loss or liposuction will certainly define your waist -
  • Remember you must lose ten pounds after liposuction or you will find the fat reappears in new areas.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question.  First, you are in great shape overall.   Based on your photograph, you may benefit from waistline contouring liposuction of your abdomen, flanks, and lower back.  This can greatly improve your overall shape with a smaller waist.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD