I was wondering what procedure should I undergo to remove this scar/bump from my lip and how much would it cost? (photo)

No cream or anything seems to work. I was told by my doctor to see my dentist but he said it was possible to remove but refused to work on it. I was put under anesthesia when i was small and i bit my lip so hard and it left this mark. Under other lighting it looks so much worse. Im only 19 and will this be covered by insurance or not?

Lip Scar

It is possible to improve lip scars, and this can usually be done in the office under local anesthesia. It is difficult to get insurance to cover scar revision unless it is causing a functional problem (ex: you can't open your mouth or eat because of the scar) otherwise they consider it cosmetic.

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Scar Removal

Typically scars improve with a scar revision procedure but it results can vary and it is even possible for a scar to look worse.  Cosmetic scar revision procedures are not usually covered by health insurance.

Paul Carniol, MD
Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon