I got liposuction on my outer thighs but fluid keeps accumulating and it's warm. Will it ever subside?

Liposuction on Thighs: Seromas Should Be Drained / Check for Infection

see your physician to have your seromas drained. The heat suggests
infection, which must be treated with antibiotics. This is not normal
and needs to be treated ASAP.  Compression, lymphatic massage and RF treatments will help this subside along with the drainings.  Best, Dr. Emer

Fluid collection post l;iposuction

Thanks for your question.
You should see your Plastic surgeon.  Fluid that reaccumulates is usually a serome.  These need to be drained two or three times a week until they resolve.  Increased temperature (or presence of redness) usually denotes an infection.  The fluid in these cases should be cultured and you should be started on an antibiotic if indicated.
Hope you continue to hear well.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Fluid issue and warmth

It sounds like you might have a seroma and if your leg is warm, it might be infected. Best to see your surgeon ASAP.

Liposuction - fluid keeps accumulating

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your own surgeon will need to advise you.
  • Fluid that keeps accumulating tends to be a seroma and requires repeated removal 2-3 x week for several weeks or longer to subside.
  • But if the area is warm, it may be infected as well.
  • So please see your own surgeon without delay.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

? Prolonged seroma after lipo

It sounds like you have a prolonged seroma (collection of serum) in the area treated with liposuction. I would check with your PS regarding your options which may include just waiting for the fluid to resorb vs. placing a drain in the area vs. cutting out the seroma cavity and reclosing the area over drains. Good luck!!

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Not normal

This is not normal and needs to be drained.  Make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to have it evaluated.