Would septoplasty be the only and procedure for me to have done? And can I get possibly get a few quotes on how much? (photos)

I had Rhinoplasty when I was about 13, because the septum is pushed so far I couldn't breathe. Although I didn't full understand the procedure it did help. now I'm looking for an appearance changer. I don't hate my nose (this is why I don't think a simply "nose job" would benefit me.)I just hate the curves & how my nose is uneven and the constant questions about my septum.I just want my nose straight! I would love to know who can do this for me and what kinda costs I can expect before I dive in.

Hello-A septoplasty is designed only to improve breathing, while a rhinoplasty can improve breathing as well as change appearance.  Costs will vary widely by your location and the surgeon you visit.  If there are still breathing concerns, sometimes your out of pocket costs will be slightly reduced because insurance pays for the portion of surgery to correct breathing.  If you are concerned with nasal breathing in addition to appearance, I recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or otolaryngologist who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery.  Many surgeons offer low-cost cosmetic consultations, and a functional (breathing) consultation would be covered by insurance.  Best wishes.

Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic rhinoplasty and functional septoplasty for breathing

A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose to improve airflow dynamics, and does not change the shape of the nose. A septoplasty is performed for medical necessity to improve airflow when there is a deviated septum present. A cosmetic rhinoplasty accomplishes changing the shape of the nose and straightening the crooked nose. To straighten a crooked nose requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones and spreader graft placed on the concave side. A Septoplasty and a rhinoplasty are two completely separate procedures, however both can be performed at same time under one anesthesia with one recovery period. A septoplasty is billed to the patient's medical insurance, once medical necessity has been documented. A rhinoplasty to straighten the external appearance of the nose is considered cosmetic, and must be paid for by the patient. For more information about the differences between both procedures, please see the video below