I can't figure out what's up with my eye! (photos)

I've had a problem with my eye for the past year now. Im 18 and I noticed the problem at 16. People say it looks uneven. I'm not sure what to do about this. People don't look me in the face anymore because of this.Sometimes my right eye just starts watering for no reason. What can I do to fix this? Is this problem carried in genes passed on by parents? But there eye problems don't seem to be as bad as mine. How much does it cost to correct this problem? Which specialist should I see?

Doctor Answers 1

Uneven appearance

Your right upper lid appears to be slightly lower than the left in your photos. This is called blepharoptosis or ptosis and may be congenital or acquired. The tearing problem may be a blockage of tear flow anywhere in the system from the eyelids to the nose (puncta, sac, nasolacrimal duct). An Oculoplastic surgeon could clarify your diagnoses, discuss options with you, and let you know the costs. Best wishes. 

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.