Do all doctors use all the different kinds of implants?

I think I want a form stable anatomical implant, but no surgeons around me seem to use that type. I have not called to ask them. I only looked on their websites. Maybe they do use form stable and simply aren't advertising it? The only doctor I could find that offers anatomical is a couple hours away. Is that my only choice or should I ask the doctors near me? My only concern is that they may not have experience with the type I want.

The right implant for you

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Different #breastimplant options

Most Board Certified PS will offer all options. If your Dr. does not have photos, it could be they have not updated their website or other photo options like love your look. Do not be afraid to ask how many form stable implants the have placed. A experienced PS will be comfortable with that discussion

If your Dr. is not a board certified PS they may only have coursework with saline implants. Sientra does not sell implants to any Dr. that is not a board certified PS

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant, adviceforme. The thickness of the overlying breast is also an important factor in implant selection. So even a little difference can mean a big change. Different implants have different projection and this varies by manufacturer. Picking the right implant for you depends on a number of factors and talking about this in consultation is the best way to go and sometimes requires changing the shape of the breast with a mastopexy too especially if you have had implants before. Good luck, MMT

Breast Augmentation Surgery

Dear. Customer

Hello, Customer!
Thank you for your inquiry.
Prior to surgery procedure for breast augmentation, you should have a face to face consultation with your sergoen to get the exact diagnosis for your procedure. If the person who have less volume around upper protion of the breast, then the insertion of round type would be recommendable to make the balance. There are several types of implant for breast augmentation surgery such as smooth type and textured type. Firstly, the advantage of smooth type is feeling good when be touched. But the patient will be in need of further massage treatment for several months to fix implants around the surgical site. Secondly, the advatage for textured  type is that it is good for maintaining the shape. And in contrast to smooth type, patients will not be in need of further massage treatment. Also, please keep in mind that the choosing for the types of implant has to be based on your current breast condition.

Thank You
From. Jin-Sung Kim

Jin-Sung Kim, MD
South Korea Plastic Surgeon