I am 29 years old, 5'7. I have had 3 children. I used to weigh 222 lbs. I am now at 145 lbs. Should I have a tummy tuck? (photo)

No amount of exercise will get rid of this. I work out daily and cannot get rid of this pouch after 3 kids and loosing close to 80 lbs.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

Congratulations on your weight loss and current exercise program. You are a perfect candidate for the Tummy Tuck procedure. It will remove the excess skin and tighten the abdominal muscles. Be sure to see lots of pictures of patients during 2 or 3 consultations with Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who do a lot of large weight loss patient Tummy Tucks. These procedures are not done the same in each office, so be sure to evaluate the length and quality of the scar, if it is kept low, and if the woman has a nice curve back to her waistline. A well done Tummy Tuck should give you a beautiful shape. Best Wishes.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.

Based on your photos and description, you appear to be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck provided you’re finished having children. I must first congratulate you on your weight loss success, and I can understand your frustration with the saggy abdominal skin that remains despite your best efforts. This is precisely what a tummy tuck is designed to improve. You are correct when you say that no amount of exercise will improve the sagging stomach skin that has resulted from your pregnancies and dramatic weight loss. A tummy tuck can remove the excess skin, tighten the underlying abdominal muscles and leave behind a flatter, firmer stomach that highlights your weight loss success. Be sure to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure your safety and help you get the best possible results. Best of luck to you. 

Should I have a Tummy Tuck?

You appear to be an acceptable candidate for a tummy tuck although an examination and review of your medical history and discussion of your aesthetic goals is necessary before an informed recommendation can be made.  You do appear to have loose skin and further weight loss, exercise or liposuction with not adequately address this issue.  If you are interested in learning about your options you should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after weight loss

Thank you for your pictures. Congratulations on your weight loss. In my opinion, you would benefit greatly from a full tummy tuck.  Only a clinical exam would be helpful in that regard. Best wishes

I am 29 years old, 5'7. I have had 3 children. I used to weigh 222 lbs. I am now at 145 lbs. Should I have a tummy tuck?

Congratulations on your weight loss! You're right, no amount of exercise can remove loose skin or repair stretched fascia (abdominal wall gristle)--that requires plastic surgery.

You certainly have loose abdominal skin, but it appears that you also have loose skin of the hips, thighs, and buttock regions, which will all remain after "only" a tummy tuck. You may be a better candidate for a circumferential beltlift (lower body lift, truncal dermolipectomy, or torsoplasty) which will remove loose skin all the way around your body. The final scars are positioned in the area where a string bikini bottom would usually fall, and this operation can be performed as an outpatient procedure.

I would recommend consultations with plastic surgeons experienced in body contouring after massive weight loss, as you have certainly fulfilled the criteria for this surgery. Congratulations again, and best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck?

Congratulations on your weight loss! You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck, if you are finished having children. You are correct that no amount of exercise will tighten the loose skin. Be sure to see two or three Board Certified Plastic Surgeons for a consultation, view before and after pictures and read reviews online posted by patients. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Tummy Tuck

You are a great candidate for an abdominoplasty and liposuction of your torso. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons expert in body contouring. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Extended tummy tuck will be needed.

You will need an edxtended tummy tuck or body lift to fix this loose skin. Exercise will not get rid of it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a great candidate for a mommy makeover and should get a result you are very happy with. A full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist would address your areas of concern. If you can get your weight as low as possible before surgery, the risks of healing from a tummy tuck will go down significantly. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #mommymakeover #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Based on your pictures, you look like an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS