Could this mole be cancerous? (Photos)

I've had this mole forever. It was flat but for a while I've noticed it being raised. I accidently picked at it and it bled and a piece of the mole came off. I had a shave biopsy yesterday and the skin underneath the mole looked white.

Could this mole be cancerous?

It is always difficult to tell from a photograph, so to be safe your mole should be carefully evaluated. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for irregular Borders; C for black or uneven Colors; D for Diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

Moles need to be removed if they are symptomatic or dark.  I suggest you see an expert if you are concerned these can be removed in the office.  Best, Dr. Emer.