I had CoolSculpting done on my outer thighs, but it has been over two months and I haven't seen any results, is this normal?

CoolSculpting Results

Congratulations on completing your treatment.It does take time for your results to become evident.Generally, it takes about 4 months before you can see your results.I suggest using before and after photos to help you see the differences made by the CoolSculpting.I know it can be difficult, but I recommend giving it some more time.I hope this helps.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results

Thanks for your question and congratulations on completing your CoolSculpting treatment.It is normal for the process to take at least 4 months for you to see the true results.At this time, the result is developing, but you cannot appreciate it without photographic evidence and comparison.I would definitely give it at least 4 months before you weigh in on the actual result.CoolSculpting is pretty consistent with regard to results, so give it a little more time.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It can 9 to 12 weeks to see results from CoolSculpting. If you find that there has not been a change, speak with your chosen provider.

Regards,  

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting results

It can take 4 months to achieve the final results from CoolSculpting so you are only about half way there time wise.  I recommend reviewing your preoperative photographs and comparing them to photographs that you take at your two months to see if you have any changes so far. Also, your results will depend upon how much adipose tissue you have in those area for the CoolSculpting to reduce.  

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results Versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

I suggest seeing an expert often multiple sessions are needed or it needs to be combined with vanquish and cellutone to get improved outcomes.  I often find that lipocontouring gives a better outcome.  Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Outer Thighs Results

It can take up to 3 months to see noticeable results from a Coolsculpting treatment. Usually the outer thighs are a little slower to respond than other areas of the body, and most people need 2-3 treatments in this area for optimal results. Make sure you follow up with your provider and have them compare your before and after pictures. Sometimes patients don't notice the results themselves until they actually see them on the pictures. Best wishes. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

How soon will I see results with CoolSculpting?

Dear ksmoth270:

Full results with CoolSculpting are seen between 3 and 4 months. It is very difficult to wait so long after investing so much time and money in a procedure, but try to be a little more patient. You should have a follow up appointment to assess your results in about a month. In our practice, we use photos, caliper measurements, and weight to assess the results objectively. 

What I love about CoolSculpting in the fact that the procedure is so reliable and reproducible. Everyone gets a result, and the result is similar from patient to patient-- 20 to 28% reduction in fat in the treated area. For some people, depending upon where they are starting, more than one treatment may be required to get the desired result, but a result can always be demonstrated after one treatment.

Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

When to expect results with CoolSculpting

What you are experiencing is normal.  Most patients will need 2-3 separate treatment sessions with CoolSculpting before noticing significant cosmetic improvement.  You might want to contact your Dermatologist to schedule another session in the near future.

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon