Q1) when can I start using Rogaine? Q2) How long I should not work out prior to intense work out.

I have had a Fue Hair Transplant 14 days ago roughly 4000 grefts transplanted. I would like to continue using rogaine. I have been using rogaine almost 2 years and I stopped using before the hair transplant, in addition I do intense work out, I burn around 1000 calories per day and I sweat a lot, I just want to make sure it will not affect my new hair. I took the picture attached just now. Thank you in advance for the response (s)

Rogaine after an FUE Procedure

I Recommend my patients to start Rogaine Foam 14 days after their FUE procedure as long as the scalp is not irritated and you have healed well from your procedure. I would recommend limiting your intense workout to a moderate work out for another 1-2 weeks.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Use of Rogaine (minoxidil) after a hair transplant

I generally tell patients that if they were on minoxidil before the transplant and they have original hair that they were treating, they should wait for 2 weeks before restarting the minoxidil. After about 3 days, you can do all of the exercises you want to do with no limitations after an FUE procedure. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Do what you like

You should be able to use Rogaine and exercise after 14 days.  However, you doctor may have a different opinion.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE - Rogaine and Exercise

It is generally a good practice to share those questions with your hair transplant surgeon who know the details of your procedure and your past history.  However, as a general rule, there is no contraindication for staring Rogaine after the first week from a hair transplant.  That is the time that the healing of recipient area is almost complete.  

I generally don't restrict exercise after FUE hair transplants except for the first week unless you are into contact sports that you may want to wait for a month.  

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE hair transplant

Dear mrtkaya11,

I have been performing follicular extraction transplantation using NeoGraft® and ARTAS® for the past five to seven years. In general, I advise patients they can start using vasodilators such as Rogaine® by six weeks postoperatively. In addition, I tell most patients they have to wait approximately one month to start intense workouts to ensure stable neovascularization and graft healing.

Following these conservative postoperative instructions, most patients achieve excellent results and do not compromise their postoperative graft take.

I hope this information has been of some assistance and best of luck.

Sincerely,
R. Stephen Mulholland, MD
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

R. Stephen Mulholland, MD

Post op

Your hair transplant surgeon should answer these questions. There is a variance between one practice and another and only your surgeon would know if there are variations to your procedure that would dictate your activities and use of products. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon