I'm interested in doing a Brazilian butt lift, transfer fat from my stomach area to my butt (Photo)

I'm interested in doing a Brazilian butt lift , transfer fat from my stomach area to my butt, due to reduced cost I was going to jamaica or Dominican to have the procedure done I know someone that had it done with dr Kemel Gajraj in jamaica dr Javier baesz in Dominica. I just wanted some feedback on my choices,I am a single mother of 4 and recently lost my hearing, I only hear 20% I just stop working,is there doctors in Canada that excellent in this area and affordable?

BBL

I think that  you are better off having your BBL locally near your home so that you can receive appropriate post-op care.

#ASPS #BBL #liposuction

Hello ready4star, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. 

I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

BBL

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would highly recommend that you have your surgery done in the US by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will reduce your chance of complications and health risks. If you go to a doctor in a foreign country such as the Dominican Republic, the quality of care and medical standards are lower. If you develop some type of complication after surgery you may not be able to travel all the way back to be examined by your original plastic surgeon. When it comes down to it, your health is more important than the cost. If cost is an issue, there are financing options that most practices offer such as Care Credit and you can apply easily online and set up monthly payment plans. These are just some things to think about when making your decision. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Getting your surgery done in Jamaica or the DR

Medical tourism has becoming increasingly popular in recent years; patients have been flying out of the U.S. for plastic surgery, lured by lower prices.
However, a parallel trend has also appeared: plastic surgeons in the United States are finding themselves treating an increasing number of patients who plastic surgery abroad, correcting complications and errors. A survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that 80% of the responding doctors had treated American medical tourists for complications including infection, contour abnormalities, and hematoma.
Medical tourists are often led to believe that they will receive the same quality of care for a lower price in a foreign clinic. But while it is true that the cost of plastic surgery in some foreign countries is lower, this is often because the quality of care and surgery is compromised. Such patients also seem to neglect the possibility of complications and the need for a follow-up visit.
In addition to the risks posed by sub-standard medical care abroad, medical tourists must consider the risks of injections and implants in other countries. The recent crisis with French breast implant maker Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) exemplifies this problem. PIP used industrial- rather than medical-grade silicone on their implants in an effort to reduce costs, a measure which probably increased the danger of rupture. PIP implants have not been used in the United States since 2000. Removal of these implants has been recommended by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
It is often the case that medical tourists end up spending more money because they have to pay to treat complications from their overseas surgery.

I'm interested in doing a Brazilian butt lift, transfer fat from my stomach area to my butt

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I recommend you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that can help you to achieve your goals, besides that you're a great candidate for the procedure, good luck!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction and BBL as you are now.