I Picked my Skin After I Got my Peel Done, Now I Have a Dark Patch?

It was first red and now it became really dark. It's embarrassing, please help

Post-Peel Protocol

It is essential after a chemical peel that you moisturize, stay out of the sun, use sunblock and do not exfoliate or pick your skin.  You want the skin to peel off by itself and moisturize as much as possible in the process.  Picking at your skin after a chemical peel can make it irritated or dark and discolored.  If this discoloration is persistent you should return to your physician and ask for bleaching creams to use for the area.  It is always important to seek out a board certified dermatologist for this kind of procedure with a lot of experience.