Do I need a new lift? Are my areolas to large? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Small modifications: breast lift and umbilical tag should be feasible
Revision under local?
Different surgeons have different beliefs as to what can be done with only local anesthesia without sedation or general anesthesia. My thoughts for the following in office procedures follow. Belly button can be revised in the office with local anesthesia. Areolar reduction can also be performed in office under local anesthesia. It is best to have your breast size where you desire prior to areola reduction. If you decide you want larger breasts and opt for breast implants, do the implants first followed by an areola reduction 6-12 months later. Doing an augmentation after areola reduction can stretch out the areola or stretch out the scar around the areola. To do much more breast work requires general anesthesia, excise or tighten excess skin, mobilize breast tissue, etc… Discuss your case with your plastic surgeon who can determine what can be done in the office for your specific needs.
Do I need a new lift? Are my areolas to large?
You might also like...
Mommy make-over - do I need a new lift?
- I am so sorry your fat transfers didn't work - results truly are unpredictable.
- Although I have done some that worked, I always tell patients to expect nothing from them - because that can often be what they get.
- It is hard to comment on the difference before/after without photos
- It looks as though you will need saline or silicone implants to get the look you want.
- If so, postpone any areolar reduction since implants make areolae wider -
- Have areolar reduction done 6 months after your implants - if you have them.
- Yes, areolar reduction can be done with local anesthesia.
- The close up of your belly button suggests that a minor revisoin will be needed which can be with loca.
- Your breast surgery should be done in an accredited OR either with sedation or general anesthesia.