What's wrong with my midsection - no matter how hard I workout or eat healthy nothing changes. (photos)

Ive been hitting the gym religiously for the past year before then it was strictly cardio i lost 100 pounds in like 5 months i tend to run at the time it was five miles a day now ive been trying to work on my abs and no matter how hard i train and well i eat nothing changes i never feel like i get the pump on this area that i feel in my other muscles is something wrong and how do i go about fixing it also will blue cross ppo cover it

Tummy tuck/liposuction

It appears you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and liposuction of sides for a great result,consult carefully with a board certified PS, good luck

Abdominal skin and muscle laxity following significant weight loss

Thank you for your question - and congratulations on your significant weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes! From your photos, it appears that you have some abdominal skin laxity and underlying muscle stretching, and that you may be an excellent candidate for an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) with liposuction of adjacent areas. My best advice to you is to schedule a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will carefully evaluate your aesthetic goals and desires. 

Abdomen Won't Do What I Want

If you lost 100 lbs, you undoubtedly have laxity of skin and fascia(muscle layer).  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to see if a tummy tuck will help.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Abs wont tighten after 100 pound weight loss

Thank you for asking about your abdomen.

Congratulations on losing so much weight. It is likely that the excess weight you used to carry has stretched your abdominal muscles. I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for an examination to see if muscle tightening, removal of loose skin or both will give you the tight abdomen that you would like to have.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Abdomen after weight loss

Congrats on your weight loss! That's something to be very proud of. After losing that much weight (especially that quickly) it is not uncommon to have excess skin. You have done a great job of losing fat and tightening muscles but the skin itself likely won't retract more from just exercise. You might be a candidate for a tummy tuck +/- liposuction of the flanks. I would get a consultation with a plastic surgeon to evaluate you and discuss your options. Congrats again on your weight loss! 

Regards,

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician

Midsection weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is something to be very proud of. What your are experiencing is very common after such large weight loss. The skin doesn't always tighten as much as we had hoped for. You may be a candidate for a tummy tuck of panniculectomy. This would be best determined on examination. As far as you insurance coverage it is possible but varies with each individual plan. After consultation a request for preauthorization would be sent to your insurance to determine coverage for you. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and they will help you understand the process and what can be done. 

Once again congratulations on all the hard work you've done.

Helena Guarda, MD
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon