Six weeks till surgery date. What should I do, how do I prepare?

My surgery date is November 7 .I'm having a mommy makeover. Breast augmentation and lift , Tummy tuck, and lipo in the flanks

Am I doing it? :) Kidding. Congrats. What a great decision to do something for yourself. So, just listen to what your surgeon and the staff tell you. If you truly trust your surgeon and staff they will guide you. So just eat well, get lots of sleep and let the process happen. Usually mommy makovers are breast and body work so get garments if you need them, get your medications before and have them ready, put bags of pees in zip locks an put them in the freezer, unless you are having a breast lift, and just let the rest happen. If you are healthy then there is nothing to worry about for anesthesia. Best of luck, and if I am your surgeon I can't wait :)

How to get ready for mommy makeover

Congrats on your big decision. Before surgery I would say if you are at your goal weight just maintain and enjoy a healthy lifestyle with your normal exercise routine. If you still have a few pounds to achieve your weight goals I would focus on this so you are at goal and tissues are ready to be tightened at surgery. Some surgeons will recommend a nutritional supplement or vitamin, I like to use one by Vita Medica. Check with your surgeon if this is an option for you. When you are about 2 weeks from surgery you should avoid medications and supplements that thin your blood which could cause additional bruising. Finally just get your helpers lined up. Have friends and family available to help with kids, housework and meals. You can prep or shop ahead of time for foods that are likely to sound good to you after surgery such as soup, yogurt, smoothies, etc.

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Preparing for a Mommy Makeover Procedure

Its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment. 

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question. Healthy diet and vitamin supplements are key ..... try to live as healthy as possible and start liking green smoothies from now on :-)

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

You have been careful to choose the right surgeon for you. Now it is important you be equally careful in following that doctor's preoperative regimen, not that of an internet consultant who has not met you. Why not call your chosen doctor with this question?

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Preparing for surgery

Congratulations on having the courage to have the mommy makeover. I would get everything in order in the house and everything you may need , groceries, food,and make all the necessary arrangements for your kids etc.  Get help over the next couple of weeks for your mommy duties.

Next follow the preop instructions from your surgeon. Avoid medications and supplements that can cause bleeding etc. Then stay healthy by consuming good proteins, supplement with extra vitamin C, zinc and probiotics. Your body is going to go through a lot of healing after surgery, the better prepared you are going in , the better your postoperative course will be. 

Good luck! 

Cheri Ong, MD, FACS

Preparing for a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over

• Actually it is quite simple -
  • Avoid all medicines that your surgeon tells you to avoid.
  • No smoking and as possible, no exposure to second hand smoke.
  • An average of 30 minutes of exercise a day.
  • Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables every day.
  • Freshly squeezed orange juice or Vitamin C pills!
  • Hope all goes well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Preparing for a Mommy Makeover

In addition to following your surgeon's instructions regarding what medications and supplements to stop taking, you should also prepare for not being able to do all of things that you do for yourself and for your family for a couple of weeks.   If you have small children, you will not be able to lift them for at least a few weeks after surgery.  Make certain that you have the support at home from a family member or friend to help you out.   Get your house in order.  Prepare a place for you to hang out and to sleep so that you are not walking up and down stairs.  Shop for groceries, plan your meals, etc.  Moms don't always realize how much they do everyday for their family until they are not able to do so.   Congratulations on getting a Mommy Makeover for yourself!

Best Wishes!

Six Weeks Until Surgery

Your surgeon is your best resource for pre and post operative instructions. Discuss your medical history, as well as any medications and supplements you are taking with your surgeon.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Greetings and thank you for the question. With all the procedures you will have, your surgeon will provide you with preoperative instructions to follow. There will also be medications not to take based on his/her instructions.  Also, postoperative instructions will be provided to you. Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO