At six weeks post op BA, is this close to my final result?

I have no swelling. Received sub muscular Sientra mod profile implant 300cc. I am 5"7 130 pounds. I started with a B cup and now measuring a small D C cup.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Again, best to follow up with your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

At six weeks post op BA, is this close to my final result? = possibly #breastaugmentation #sientraimplants

After any plastic surgery procedure, including breast augmentation with sientra breast implants, there is some swelling and healing process that has to occur. Most of this healing process is "done" by the 3rd month (12 weeks). Therefore, it is at that time when the "final" result will be most likely be seen. 

John Mesa, MD

Final result following breast augmentation

Hello, thank you for your question. At approximately 6 weeks postop more than likely you are at her final size. However, depending upon several variables implants may need to drop and soften and settle a little bit longer. In many patients this may take approximately 3-4 months following their procedure. Best of luck with your continued recovery.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon