I'm wanting to get my nostrils evened out. Any suggestions? (photos)

What is my nose problem called. Who do I contact to fix it and how much roughly will if cost I live in phoenix any help greatly appreciated

A septoplasty and rhinoplasty procedure for crooked nose

The one single photograph demonstrates a crooked septum at the base of the nose. The caudal septum has been significantly deviated blocking airflow of the patient's right side. A septoplasty can improve this area. A rhinoplasty is performed to straighten the external portion of the nose other than the septum itself.   It  is best to seek out a double board certified ENT/facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience with twisted and broken noses

Your nostrils are asymmetrical because of a severe deviation of the septum which is evident at the lower border of the septum.  This usually indicates extensive deviation and deformity of the septum further up.  I suggest you consult an experienced plastic surgeon who can show you before and after photos of similar situations.  Hope that helps.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Nostril asymmetry

Your nostri asymmetry is due to severe septal deviation with the end of your septum sitting too far to the right and closing the right nostril - you at least need a septoplasty to correct this and need to see a rhinoplasty specialist

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you have caudal septal deviation.  This can be fixed with a septoplasty or a septal reset.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Uneven nostrils

The lower (caudal) septum is severely twisted to the right, obstructing the right nostril.

So , at the very least that part of the septum needs straightening.

There may be other parts of the septum, that is not visible,  that may need correction too.

Any Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or ENT Facial Plastic Surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty can correct your nose. Costs are best gotten from your surgeon and your insurance may be contacted to check for any coverage.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Septum

You have severe caudal septal deviation.  You can contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an estimate of the cost.  You would likely have to visit the practices themselves to get a quote.  It also may be possible to do under insurance if you are having difficulty breathing.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Septoplasty - Specifically, caudal septoplasty

This is a fairly common problem. The caudal, or bottom, part of your septum is severely shifted off to your right side. I am sure that this also causes breathing problems on that side. This might be remedied with a caudal septoplasty or you might require a more complete septoplasty if the back of your septum is also shifted off to one side. Best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos.  I suspect that your septum is what we are seeing in the photo that you have provided.  A septoplasty, either of that part of the septum or the entire septum if additional issues are present can be performed to correct the issue.  The best option for correcting that degree of septal deviation will likely be removing that piece of the septum, scoring it aggressively to make it soft and straight, and suturing it to a PDS (dissolvable) plate.  Doing so will essentially ensure that the septum will heal straight.  The cost will vary depending on what is done.  Insurance should cover this in most circumstances.  If there is no insurance or it does not cover it the out of pocket costs should be around 6K or so for all fees included septoplasty.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD